With over 500 million people on Instagram, and many billions of photos more. Naturally sometimes and can’t be hard to someone or something you’re searching for on Instagram. But don’t worry, we’ve created this article to guide you to all the information you need to know about Instagram’s Search. By the end of it, you’ll be able to quickly find whatever you’re after on Insta, regardless of whether your searching on the official Instagram app or website!
Searching Instagram is really easy. They have a simple search function making it easy to search Instagram for people, hashtags or places using the app or via the web.
- To search for people and hashtags use the search bar at the top of Search & Explore. You’re then able can search people by their name or username.
- To search Instagram to find new people to follow. Tap the top search icon and choose whether you’re looking to find users or hashtags.
It’s important to note that Instagram’s search results are based on several factors, including the people who you’re connected to and what photos and videos you like and comment on Instagram.
How to Search Instagram by Location
Instagram allows users to search Instagram by location from the Instagram app by searching for a location the same way you would for any other username or hashtag, as outlined above. There is also the option to find a location by viewing a user’s Photo Map from the profile page (if the feature is enabled on that account).
Photo Map: To view a user’s Photo Map, open their Instagram profile page. Then tap the “Photo Map” icon on the user’s page to view a map view of their posts tagged by location.
How to Delete Instagram Search History
These days Instagram tracks every search you make with the Instagram app. Which is why you may have noticed that when you return to search field, your previous Instagram search history will appear. Sure it may be helpful when you quickly want to revisit a previous search. However, I’m sure every now and then we all do a little casual Instagram stalking, and sometimes it may be a little awkward if anyone ever saw your Instagram history.
Luckily, we’re allowed to clear and delete our Instagram search history. So you can wipe away all those wrongly spelt hashtags and usernames of the people you’ve been secretly stalking.
Unfortunately you’re unable to clear search history from the website. But here’s how to delete your Instagram search history within the app:
- Open Instagram and go to the accounts main profile page.
- Click the gear icon to open the Instagram options page.
- Scroll down and find the “Clear Instagram Search” button.
- Confirm the deletion of your search history.
- Return to the search page on Instagram to see you’re history has been deleted.